Learning Objectives

LEARNING OBJECTIVES:

1. To discover the relationship between cultural influences and the architectural development in South Vietnam

2. To have a deeper understanding of urban planning issues and the interplay of the matrices of determinants involving physical attributes, commercial feasibility, social fabrics as well as political factors in particular relating to Generation Z (Those born between the early 1990s and the early 2000s).

3. To be aware of the impact of rapid urbanization on the environment and the need for sustainable development in the urban planning process.

4. To gain an insight of Singapore’s strengths in urban planning and sustainable environmental management skill-sets

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Reflections for Day FOURFIVESIX- Part 1

Sorry for the late reflections! 

On day 4, we went to the Can Gio Bio Reserve. The boat ride to the island is so...short. I did not pay too much attention as I was busy taking photos but I'm pretty sure they just turned the boat around and then we reached. Then there was this long and bumpy journey to the reserve. Upon setting foot onto the reserve I couldn't help but think about Singapore's Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve.... It was a very familiar sight, with the planks and everything. After attending a presentation, we had a long... Long walk to the place where we planted mangrove saplings. The next thing we did was to visit a local family living on the river. I was quite amazed at how the family built the house themselves. We listened to the head of the family talk about how their daily life was like, and their part in conserving the reserve. It was their duty to protect the place from illegal tree cutters. Overall, after that day, I realized how fortunate I am to be living in a nice environment to grow up in. I should be thankful for what I have and that I shouldn't scorn at people who are not as fortunate as I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment